Friday, February 18, 2011

Sicko

Hi. I really need to start posting more. My mom has agreed to advertise about my blog a little. I think that most of you out there have completely forgotten about my blog. I won't have time to post everyday, but I think that I will be able to post every other day. I would just really appreciate it if everyone could visit my blog every once in a while.

Today is Friday and yesterday was horrible. I felt really crappy during math yesterday. I went to the teacher. She felt my forehead and sent me to the office. She said that it felt like I had a fever. That's another thing. Have you ever had your temperature taken with one of those horrible things that go in your ear? If you have, you know what I mean. If you haven't, then just let me tell you that it hurts. I said something really intelligent like "Ow."

It turned out that I had a 101.1 fever. It was not comfortable. I'd become just a tiny bit emotional every once in a while. I had to go get my stuff while the office called my mom. I got back to the office with my stuff and waited with my book. My mom came in with her cute new bangs and I was really surprised. It took for ever to get Trenton down and sign us out. She said that since there was only 15 min. left of school, Trenton had to come home too. Trenton started being a lot nicer when he learned that I was sick. I spent the rest of the afternoon reading in my pajamas in my bed with a fizzy, not-so-yummy drink. I kept having to go to the bathroom. Believe me, going to the bathroom 6 times(exactly) in one afternoon is not fun and it's really annoying!

I read a ton and Trenton spent 10 min. reading a different book to me(because he can't read me "The last Olympian")and fell asleep almost immediately last night. Today I am better. The fever is gone, but I still have a headache and my head still hurts when I cough. I am staying home today and missing some fun things at school. I have to do my homework, have breakfast, go to the bank with my mom, and read some one else's blog. I will try to post later today.

4 comments:

Kameron said...

sorry you're sick, Kira. it's annoying, isn't it? especially when it's over a weekend, and then you spent the entire weekend sick and didn't get to do anything fun! then most times you're already better by the time Monday comes around, and (unless it's a holiday) it's back to school for you. blech. anyway, I hope you feel better soon.

Becky said...

Being sick is miserable! But reading in bed in cozy pajamas sounds fantastic :).

Hope you are feeling better today, Kira!

Tell your mom I can't wait to see her new bangs.

JustaSweetee said...

Dear Kira,
Yes there are folks that read your blog with great interest. But like you said, there hasn't been anything to read that's new in a long time! So I'm glad to hear you have resolved to post more often!!
I do hope you get to feeling better soon. Usually when you get it, everybody else gets it too. So if Trenton was nice to you, I'm sure you will have a chance to return the kindness.
Believe it or not the ear thermometers are an improvement over the oral thermometers! Putting it under your tongue and waiting FOREVER until you hoped it was going to give you a correct reading. If you didn't hold it down under your tongue, the red line didn't move. If your nose was stuffed, it was even harder, because you needed to breath through your mouth....then you even more problems! So getting your temperature taken in your ear sounds good to me, at least you can breathe, mouth or nose! hehe
You didn't mention what book you were reading. What has captured your imagination at this time? I'm checking my computer, watching the rain and generally having a beautiful day! Hope yours is the same!
Your Grandmother Becky is my best friend and my children call her Aunt Becky, because she is like a sister to me. Her children (like your Daddy) call me Aunt Rainy. So that's how will sign this for now unless we decide it should br different.
You are a member of a very special family, that is very near to my heart! You are a wonderful representative!
Until next time,
Aunt Rainy

Honeybee said...

I'm glad you are feeling better Kira. I never like it when I get sick. My roommates have been sick this week so I am trying to stay away and take my vitamins so I don't get what they have. Hope you are having a good day!
~Your Cousin Mellissa :)